Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com. Where Smiles & Teamwork Rule the Day! An annual family-friendly obstacle/adventure race for teams of two (kids grades K-12 & adults), modeled after the show THE AMAZING RACE. It's way more fun than a 5K! On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached. Sign up now, team members can be added later on race day! How well you work as a team is the most essential ingredient to winning the race!
1. ABOUT THE RACE: Two person teams can be adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers can race against each other completing a one mile cross country filled with up to eight challenges that require teammates to work together to complete. Whether you run, jog, walk or watch, it'll be a BONDING EXPERIENCE you will never forget. Testimonial: What an awesome day my son and I had. My son could not stop talking about it and thanking me for taking him! It has made memories that will last a life time.
2. RACE DESCRIPTION: This rain or shine event pits teams of two people against each other teams completing a string of up to eight eight fun-filled team challenges spread across a one-mile cross-country course. Each station will contain a Clue Card that instructs each team to complete tasks comprised of games, relays and obstacles that require teamwork - before proceeding to the next challenge station. Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty, based on age of participants. The team that reaches the finish line with the fastest overall time wins. Waves begin every 10 minutes kids teams, then adult teams.
3. REGISTRATION INFO: Pairs only: adult/kid, kid/kid or adult/adult. Must be 5 years of age or older to participate. Children in Pre-K and Kindergarten must be paired with an adult. Spectators are welcome to tag along for free and take photos for the scrapbook.
4. RACE DIVISIONS: Teams can choose a Recreation Pace (those who prefer to walk or jog at a leisure pace) or a Competitive Pace (those who prefer to run). Race divisions are determined by grade of youngest team member: Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, Grades 9-12 and Adult teams. based on grade of youngest team member.
5. AWARDS: Every team that crosses the finish line gets an award to recognize their accomplishment. Medals are presented to the winners of each race division. The top 25 teams, from each city race, qualify for the National Championship Race and $2,000 prize!
6. REFER A TEAM, EARN $$: Refer your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers and you will BOTH earn $5.00 worth of referral rewards that can be redeemed for merchandise at the race.
7. SUPPORTING: The GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY family and academic initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be good Role Models by participating in three daily activities (30 minutes, 5 times a week) at home, with their kids, that have the power to improve their students academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy.
8. SPONSORSHIP: Sponsorship with GREAT AMAZING RACE SERIES offers many exciting exposure possibilities for your company. Please contact us to discuss corporate and small business sponsorship opportunities.