You asked for the challenge, and you’ll get it! IT changes every year! The MACH 1 Mud Run is an approximate +5k course beginning and ending on the battle grounds of Corona Airport. The course will take you along grass and dirt trails where you will encounter professionally built obstacles and several huge mud pits. It will take everything you have to run, jump, climb, swing, crawl, or otherwise navigate your way to victory! You will get wet and you will get muddy. Water stations will be available along the course for refreshment.
1. Mud Pit
2. Over Under Mud Pit
3. Low Crawl/Spider Web
4. K-Rail Hurdles
5. Monkey Bars
6. Hay Maze
7. Tunnel Jump
8. Wall Climb
10. Cargo Net Climb
11. Quarter Pipe Climb/Slide/Mud Pit
12. Pipe Crawl/Mud Pit
13. Low Crawl/Mud Pit
Corona Municipal Airport
• 1900 Aviation Drive
• Corona, CA
• Map & Directions
• • •
MEN & WOMEN WILL BE DIVIDED INTO THE FOLLOWING AGE GROUPS:
*You must be 14 years of age or older and in good health to participate in the run
WAVE START: The start will consist of separate “waves”. Waves will be mixed gender, mixed ages, and include teams except for the first two waves at 8AM and 8:15AM. These are for highly competitive runners looking to post the fastest times. To run in these waves, you should expect to complete the 5k obstacle course in less than 40 minutes. You will be electronically timed and automatically scored in the appropriate age group. The first wave will start at 8:00AM and be followed by another wave every 15 minutes. Your wave start time will be determined at the time you register, and will be on a “first come, first served” basis.
AWARDS: Awards will be given to the top 3 male and top 3 female individual finishers per age group, and to the fastest overall finisher. Trophies will be awarded in the festival area after the final wave is completed. You must be present to receive your trophy. Awards will not be mailed.
COSTUMES: We also encourage participants to dress up any way you wish. Anything goes except nudity, profanity, or otherwise tasteless attire. Please use your best judgment so we don’t have to. Be creative, and you may be rewarded with prizes.
ENTRY FEES: All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once we accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else.
CONFIRMATION: Entries will be confirmed by e-mail if a valid email address is provided. If you mail in your entry, your canceled check or credit card charge is your receipt. If you do not receive an email confirmation it may be due to spam filters or firewalls on your computer. Entries may also be confirmed online at the registration link.
EARLY PACKET PICK UP: We will be at the Corona Municipal Airport 11AM-7PM on Thursday June 19th, and Friday June 20th for early pickup. Otherwise, packet pickup will begin at 7AM on the day of the run.
PACKET PICKUP FOR A FRIEND: You may pick up a packet for another participant, but you will need a copy of their valid photo ID, their original signed, initialed, and dated waiver, and a signed note from the participant giving you permission to pick up the packet for them.
- All participants must remain on the course and follow course officials’ instructions
- All participants understand that this is not a normal 5K race, it is an extreme foot race through rough terrain with obstacles, and fully understand the risks involved
- You must be 14 years or older on race day
- This event will be recorded. All photos, video, and audio taken by media or Mach 1 Staff can be used by Mach 1 and our media partners to market or promote current and future Mach 1 events
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver of liability
- All participants understand there are no refunds or transfers
- Participants understand all timing will be done with electronic chips. Your bib must remain attached to your person until you cross the finish line for timing to be official
- Participants understand that if they do not complete each obstacle or race they will not be able to receive any awards
- It is up to the participant to complete each obstacle, if the participant does not feel they can complete the race or obstacle it is their responsibility to leave or avoid the obstacle all together
- It is the participant’s duty to inform Mach 1 Staff if they have been injured or hurt during the race
SPECTATORS: Please join us in cheering on your friends, family, coworkers, and fellow runners! It’s free!! The festival area is open to all ages. Eat great food, have a cold beer and watch the race from a number of great vantage points! Just make sure you stay in the designated spectator areas. It is an airport, after all, and there are some areas that will be off limits for your safety.
PARKING: Parking will be $5, and will be in the areas surrounding the Corona Airport. Follow the signs and the directions of the parking attendants. There is limited street access to the airport itself, so carpooling is strongly encouraged.
PHOTOS: Your photo will be taken by our official Mach 1 photographer immediately after you cross the finish line. Photos will be posted within one week, and will be available for purchase.
SAFETY: Mach 1 will make every effort to provide a safe environment for this event. EMT’s and safety personnel will be on site in case of injury or emergency. All participants and spectators are encouraged to locate the medical tent near the finish line upon arrival. Participants assume all risk involved with running in the event, and will be responsible for the costs of any medical treatment provided before, during, and/or after the event.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps