2014 Wilderman Off Road Iron Distance Triathlon:
- The offroad iron distance triathlon is back after a decade.
- ENDracing, producer of the midwest's toughest events, heralds the return of a race that will make ordinary Ironman distance events look, well, ordinary. Check out the website for all the details!
- ENDracing is a grassroots company whose focus is on creating uniquely challenging courses, not all the bells and whistles and media hype that goes along with many higher profile events.
- ENDracing events are affordable and as tough as they come.
- The swim will take place in the Mt. Carmel recreation area reservoir, outside of Langdon, ND.
- It will be a ONE loop swim with a beach start in two waves, 3 minutes apart (mens and women).
- The bike course will start at the reservoir, connect to a loop through the gorge which will be completed twice, and end at a remote location.
- The trails that will make up roughly the first 40 miles of the course are fast and flowing.
- There may be a few short sections of tougher terrain, but if conditions are dry the bike course will awesome.
- The balance of the miles will be on gravel or minimum maintenance roads.
- Lots of climbing, though no single climb will be bigger than 400' of ascent.
- Each loop will involve at least one river crossing (without a bridge).
- The run will be grueling.
- Starting at the remote location, the run be a continuous one way trip to the finish line.
- 75% of the run's length will be in the gorge proper on a network of hunter trails and creek bottom running.
- 20% will be on gravel roads.
- Less than 5% will be pavement.
- It is spectacular country but the ascents and descents will be frequent, sometimes very steep, and often punishing.
• Off Road Triathlon Course Map
• • •
Mt. Carmel Recreation Area Reservoir: Swim Start
• 104th Street NE
• Langdon, ND
• Map & Directions - Swim Start
• • •
- This race has a different location for T-1, T-2 & the Finish Line.
- Please be sure you know where to be race morning, and where to leave your gear.
first annual - no past results ...
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps