- The second annual Mississippi River Marathon will be held February 8th, 2014.
- Before the start of the race, runners will meet at the finish line and be bused to the start line (runners also have the option of being dropped off at the start line, but no parking will be available).
- Start at scenic Lake Chicot in Arkansas (Full) or the Arkansas side of the HWY 82 Bridge (Half) and finish in historic Downtown Greenville, MS.
- Aid Stations at approximately every mile.
- Clock at the 13.1 mile mark.
- Portalets at approximately every aid station.
- Spirit stations featuring Delta music and other entertainment.
The course is flat with the exception of the HWY 82 Bridge that crosses the Mississippi River. With a starting line in Arkansas and finish line in Mississippi, you’ll pass some landmarks of notable significance:
- Lake Chicot (the largest oxbow lake in North America)*
- The location of the first ever recorded night flight by Charles Lindbergh*
- The Mississippi River’s new HWY 82 Bridge
- The Mississippi River
- The cemetery where Holt Collier is buried (the guide of Teddy Roosevelt’s famous bear hunt)
Where is the race located? The Mississippi River Full Marathon will start near the intersection of Lakehall Rd (Co Rd 71) and Causway Rd (Co Rd 69) in Arkansas. The half marathon will start on the HWY 82 bridge in Arkansas near the Cow Pen restaurant. Both races will finish in historic downtown Greenville, MS at the new Stein Mart Square.
- race number (bib) and timing tag
- each participant will be furnished a "B-tag" timing device that is affixed to the bib. Do not remove the B-tag for any reason; without it, you will not receive an official time
- goodie bag
- official race T-shirt
- finisher medal
- post-race food and beverages
- post-race bag-check area
- invitation to the afternoon's post-race celebration
2013 Results at racesonlineresults.com: Overall / Awards
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps