Claytor Lake offers a wide variety of activities for water and land enthusiasts The park also has an excellent marina and meeting facility.
Easily accessible from Interstate 81, the park offers swimming, camping, cabins, lodges, a meeting facility, nature and history programs, miles of hiking trails, and a visitor center. The visitor center is located in the historic Howe House. The lake and the park are named after Graham Claytor (1886-1971), who was vice president of Appalachian Power and supervised construction of the dam.
Park size: 472 acres. Lake size, 4,500 acres; 21 miles long. The park has approximately three miles of lake frontage.