The American Memorial Triathlon is an athletic event
that combines a 1/2 mile swim, a 16-mile bicycle ride, and a 4-mile run.
Participants in the AMT exemplify a healthy, active lifestyle. It is an
educational activity that promotes proper nutrition and exercise.
Celebrating its 17th year, the AMT at Greenwood Lake is a fun event for racers, family and friends.
The American Memorial Triathlon begins in Greenwood
Lake, at Thomas P. Morahan Memorial Park, at the foot of Windermere
Avenue, Greenwood Lake, NY, with a 1/2 mile swim. It is followed by a
16-mile bicycle ride around the lake and finishes with a four-mile run: (course maps) http://www.americanmemorialtriathlon.com/maps.html
- Maximum time allowed for 0.5 mile swim is 30 min.
- Competitors will be numbered on arms and thighs prior to the swim.
to immediately notify a race official if you do not complete the swim
will disqualify you from participating in any future events.
- Individuals will be in the first wave. Team swimmers will be in the second wave.
- Drafting is not
allowed. A space of three (3) bike lengths must be maintained between
riders. You may enter the space of less than 3 bike lengths only
to overtake another biker. If you cannot pass within fifteen (15)
seconds, you must drop back. If you are passed, it is your
responsibility to immediately drop back to a distance of 3 bike lengths.
- A bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube and must be clearly visible at all times.
- A bike helmet (ANSI, SNELL or USCF approved) is mandatory during the entire bike race.
- Contestants must ride on the right side of the road at all times.
- Run on the right of the road at all times.
- Contestants must wear their run number on their front were it is clearly visible at all times. Folding or cutting number is prohibited.
2013 Results at: coolrunning.com
• • •
2012 Results at: americanmemorialtriathlon.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps