Welcome to the event home page for the Run for the Buds Half Marathon, 5K Run/Walk and 1K Buddy Run. The event celebrates and supports individuals with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities and is held every October to coincide with Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
The 5K is flat & fast on road surface.
The Half Marathon terrain includes a mix of flats & hills.
Both courses have been accurately measured and certified by USATF.
All registrations includes an event t-shirt.
All Half Marathoners will receive a quality finishers medal.
Awards will be given for the top finishers in age and gender categories.
5K Run / Walk - USATF Certified Course MAP
Pre-Registration Fee: $20Day-of Registration Fee: $251K Buddy Run
- A near 1/2 mile course.
- For individuals with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities of ANY age.
- Must complete course on foot
- Must be accompanied by a support person.
- Pre-Registration Fee: $10
- Day-of Registration Fee: $10
- Medals for All!
Enjoy completing 13.1 challenging miles that wind, descend & climb through Delaware’s most scenic and historic parks. From Rockford Park, through Wilmington neighborhoods, through historic Brandywine Park along paths adjacent to the Brandywine River bed, across a wood planked foot bridge, through some wooded trails & back up to the Rockford Park area. The course is sanctioned by USA Track & Field and is quickly becoming a local favorite. This course is entirely paved with the exception of .25 mile (between mile 7 & 8) on packed, crushed gravel.
For your achievement, all Half Marathoners will receive a quality finishers medal as you cross the finish line.
HALF MARATHON RELAY
A Half Marathon Relay gives 2-3 person teams the opportunity to run portions of this challenging and scenic course. Relay segments are 3.1 miles, 6.9 miles & 3.1 miles. There will be 1 exchange location behind the Tower in Rockford Park (at the 3.1 & 10 mile mark). Teams of 2 people can break-up the segments however they wish.
Half Marathon - USATF Certified Course MAP
- 13.1 Mile Certified Competitive Run
- Pre-Registration Fee: $50
- Day-of Registration Fee: $60
Half Marathon Relay - USATF Certified Course MAP
- 13.1 Mile Competitive Run split between a 2 or 3 member relay squad.
- Segments 3.1 miles, 6.9 miles & 3.1miles
- Pre-Registration Fee: $65
- Day-of Registration Fee: $75
- *One fee per relay squad (2 or 3 persons.)
- *One squad member registers entire squad.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps