2013 Tri-the-Illini Sprint Triathlon
- A sprint triathlon run by the Fighting Illini Triathlon club that takes place at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus.
- The race consists of a 300 meter outdoor self-seeded pool swim, weather permitting, a 14.5 mile bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run through the University of Illinois campus.
- A great race for the beginners to the elites and everyone in between!
- Race will begin at 8:00 AM. Racers will be sent off in wave intervals.
- The race will consist of a 300 meter swim in the ARC pool.
- Participants will run out of the ARC pool to transition located on the west side of the ARC.
- Racers will be required to have a legal helmet snapped in before the bike mount line
Bike Course Directions:
- Exit transition onto 1st Street, southbound
- Left on Curtis Rd, eastbound
- Right onto Race, southbound
- Left on Old Church Road, eastbound
- Turn Around before County Rd 1600 E, westbound on Old Church Road
- Right on Race, northbound
- Left on Windsor, westbound
- Right on first into transition, northbound
- Run out of transition going west on peabody
- North on 4th
- East on Gregory
- South on 6th
- racers enter the University of Illinois quad run through the heart of campus (look on maps to see run course)
- Racers then get back onto Pennsylvania going west
- North on 4th again to a quick finish on Peabody drive into the finish shoot in front of the ARC.
• Course Map
• • •
Award ceremony will be held shortly after the race, while racers enjoy post race food. Awards will be given to the top 3 relays, the top 3 male and female collegiate racers, top 3 in every age group and the top 3 overall male and female. Age groups: 0-19, 20-24. 25-29, 30-34. 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and up
2013 Results at: itsracetime.com
2012 Results at: itsracetime.com
2011 Results at: itsracetime.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps