2013 Thread City Century :
• Join us for our third Thread City Century. We have the same start location as last year.
• The century route will be the same as last year’s scenic ride from Connecticut's eastern highlands into the lower Connecticut River Valley and back.
• Route starts in Chaplin and meanders to Colchester along lightly traveled country roads.
• From Colchester you'll descend through the twisty turns of Devil's Hopyard State Park, and cross the Connecticut River at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam.
• After a loop through sleepy villages west of the Connecticut, you'll cross back over the river on the Chester-Hadlyme Ferry in the shadow of Gillette Castle.
• Then it's on to a challenging climb out of the Connecticut River Valley and home through the agricultural towns of Salem, Bozrah, Franklin, and Scotland.
• The 35 mile route will be the same as last year and follows the start and end of the century route.
• The 75 mile route will be changed to a 62 mile metric century and also follow the start and end of the full century routes and stays on this side of the CT River.
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps