The YWCA of Minneapolis Women's Triathlon is our most-popular athletic event of the year, featuring a course consisting of a 500-yard swim, a 15.5-mile bike segment and a 5-kilometer run, held at beautiful Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis.
The YWCA of Minneapolis Women's Triathlon was voted by triathletes as the 2012 Triathlete's Choice Race!
The mission of the YWCA Women's Triathlon is to celebrate the strength of all women. Join us in the heart of beautiful Minneapolis at Lake Nokomis on August 18, 2013!
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis MN
500yd swim/15.5mi bike/5k run
Individual or relay option
The swim is a 500-yard, clockwise triangle, beginning to the left of the public swim area. The swim start will be in waves of approximately 50-75 participants, three minutes apart. Beach start (start by standing on the sand). You must pass the large corner buoys on the left (keep the buoys to the right), except for the final buoy on the beach. We will have several kiddie pools after the beach en route to the transition area, where you can rinse sand off your feet. Wetsuits will be allowed (and encouraged) per USAT rules and regulations. All swimmers will be given a swim cap they must wear during the swim leg of the triathlon.
In the transition area, racks are assigned with a number range. You may be anywhere on the rack that includes your number in its number range (i.e. if you are number 14, you will be on the rack with the 13-24 number range). The racks will generally be arranged by age groups, except that the buddy waves will have their racks together (number ranges still apply). Elite and Relays will also have a separate area. Hang your bike by the brake levers or seat. The wheel down side is your side of the rack. You may bring balloons or other items to mark your spot but they must not interfere with other participants or block athletes' flow through the transition area.
The bike course shows off much of what makes the Twin Cities special, passing around Lake Nokomis, following Minnehaha Parkway and circling both sides of the Mississippi River. The 5k (3.1 mile) run circles Lake Nokomis counter-clockwise. It includes the lagoon west of Cedar Bridge and a short out-and-back along Cedar Bridge, after reaching the one-mile mark. Please see the link below for a map and description of both the 15.5-mile bike and the 3.1-mile run.
Both the bike and run course include amazing views across the lake toward the beach and downtown Minneapolis!
- tell us what you want to hear at the finish line!
- pick from one of three training packages at great discounts - available ONLY through your registration for the race!
- shop for some fabulous, exclusive Women's Tri clothing
- designate buddy wave or age group wave (if you have more than one buddy, have a buddy "team" name ready)
- designate a family team if you have one: mother-daughter, sister-sister, and life partner (distinct from relays, both team members complete the entire race)
- support the YWCA's Strong Fast Fit Youth program
- provide your USAT membership number (please have your membership number available) or pay for a one-day $12 license ($10 for youth)
- purchase Race Day Packet Pick-up if you need it (required to receive your packet on Race day)
2011 Results at: mtecresults.com 2011 Results at: onlineraceresults.com 2010 Results at: onlineraceresults.com 2009 Results at: onlineraceresults.com 2008 Results at: onlineraceresults.com
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps