Welcome to the Waterloo Fit City Triathlon blogsite. Waterloo is a small, rural community located in south central Wisconsin, about 30 minutes northeast of Madison.
The Waterloo Fit City Triathlon is a sprint distance triathlon for kids and adults alike. Adult race consists of a 500 yd. swim, 14.3 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. All Ages Welcome!
Participants can look forward to a great race course, goodie bags, t-shirts, food/drink, door prizes, chip timing, music, and more!
Swim: Waterloo High School Pool - 25 yd.
*Waves will be determined by seed time in 500 yard swim, with slowest seeds swimming first. A detailed timeline will be emailed closer to the race.
Bike and Run Route traverses through City of Waterloo neighborhoods and open countryside, ending with one lap around high school track. See maps on Home page.
- Ages 6 & U: 25 yd swim, 1 mile bike, 12 mile run
- Ages 7-8: 50 yd swim, 1 mile bike, 12 mile run
- Ages 9-10: 100 yd swim, 4 mile bike, 1 mile run
- Ages 11-12: 100 yd swim, 4 mile bike, 1 mile run
- Ages 13-14: 200 yd swim, 4 mile bike, 1 mile run
- Ages 15-19: this age group can choose to do either the short course above or the long course below
- Ages 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70+: 500 yd swim, 14.3 mile bike, 3 mile run
- Clydesdale/Athena 200 lbs men, 145 women
RELAYS:Adult: 500 yd. swim, 14.3 mile bike, 3 mile run
Kids: 200 yd. swim, 4 mile bike, 1 mile run