WHAT: Annual Deception Pass Challenge
WHEN: June 22, 2013 starting at 8:00am
WHY: Support education and resource protection in Deception Pass State Park. All proceeds stay within the Park.
Race Info: (all stage lengths approximate)
Swim: 1/2 mile in Cranberry Lake. Note: water temperature is typically between 55 and 60 degrees at this time of year so wetsuits are recommended.
Bike: 13 miles with a mixture of road and trail. Mountain or cross bikes are recommended.
Run: 4 miles from West Beach to top of Goose Rock. Elevation rise is 484 feet and back to sea level.
- Cost is $50 for triathlete/individual and $100 for team
- Registration after 10th of June, add $10 for individual and $30 to team
- Dry weave shirts feature the Challenge logo
- Prizes to 3 top male, female and team finishers, youngest and oldest participants
- The park requires a Discover Pass to park
- Event occurs rain or shine