2013 XTERRA Southeast Championship:
• XTERRA returns to Oak Mountain State Park, Alabama for the 2013 XTERRA Southeast Championship.
• This full-distance XTERRA championship race is comprised of a 1.5km swim, 30km mountain bike and a 10km trail run.
• You may race as an individual or on a relay team.
• We also offer a shorter distance XTERRA Sprint race for those looking to experience XTERRA for the first time or have the same XTERRA fun on a less demanding course.
• The Sprint race is half the distance as the Championship race at 750m for the swim, 15km mountain bike and a 5km trail run.
• • •
The course at Oak Mountain State Park in Shelby County, located in the southernmost part of the Appalachian Chain, is praised by competitors as being one of the most fun, fast, scenic and difficult on the XTERRA schedule.
It starts with a swim in the warm water of Double Oak Lake - two 750-meter laps separated by a short beach shuffle in-between.
From there the long, single-loop mountain bike course starts at about 500 feet elevation, twists, turns and rolls through the forest for seven miles the begins a gradual 700-foot climb to the summit. The descent is a fast, wild ride highlighted by the notorious "blood rock" section - a series of tricky to maneuver, uneven and jagged rocks.
The run is simply punishing, with four major climbs - each progressively steeper than the one before. In between the climbs are a series of weaving off-road trails that meander through forested sections that provide shade, if not relief, from the heat.
- - -
2012 Results: ITU World Champs / XTERRA S.E. CHAMPS / Xterra Sport
2011 Results: XTERRA S.E. CHAMPS / Xterra Sport
2010 Results: XTERRA S.E. CHAMPS / Xterra Sport 2009 Results at: besttimescct.com or xterraplanet.com
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps