2013 Asheville Triathlon:
iDaph events and Right on Time Productions have united again to bring this popular to Asheville!
• The race consists of a beautiful outdoor pool swim in a 50 meter pool, rolling bike course and a flat and fast run course!
• The race is perfect for every level of triathlete, from novice to elites.
• The race is limited to 350 participants and we expect it to sell out! Join us for some summer fun at the Asheville Triathlon.
• **NEW FOR 2013 -- The Asheville Triathlon will host a kid's 'Splash n Dash event in the evening on Saturday, July 20th!
• More details can be found on our idaph.net website and registration will be available on January 15th, 2013. **
• Additional Asheville Tri Pre-Event Information can be found at http://idaph.net/events/asheville-triathlon/asheville-tri-event-information/ .
• • •
COURSE + EVENT INFO:
The event will begin with a 400 meter outdoor pool swim at the Asheville Rec Park pool. The swim will feature a time-trial start with the fastest swimmers going first. Swimmers will enter the water by running across a mat at the water's edge near the shallow end of the pool and run into begin the swim. During the registration process you will be asked to submit your 100 yard swim time. This is not the fastest you can swim 100 yards but the time you expect to average during the entire swim. After the 400 meter swim, athletes will exit the pool and quickly enter the transition area.
The bike course will feature some rolling and challenging hills making for a true Asheville kind of bike ride! The 11.6 mile course will consist of some flat roads, turning into rolling landscape before returning to the Rec Park for a very fast run. The roads will be open to the public so all participants are urged to be alert to traffic. All intersections with a traffic light and/or turn will have law enforcement stopping traffic.
The run is an out and back style course and is one of the flattest 5k's you will find in the area! Runners will stay on the right side of the road for the run. While the road will be open to traffic, most of the course is lightly traveled. Flat and fast is the name of the game on this 5K.
2012 Results: Male / Female / Division / Relay
2011 Results: no race
2010 Results at setupevents.com: Male / Female / Relay
2009 Results at setupevents.com: Male / Female / Overall / Relay
2008 Results at setupevents.com: Male / Female
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps