2013 Santa Cruz Triathlon & Aquabike:
Formerly named the Santa Cruz Sentinel Triathlon, the Santa Cruz Triathlon is a non-profit event. Last year the race donated nearly $40,000 back to the Santa Cruz community. Proceeds from the event are donated to Santa Cruz County High School athletic programs, the UC Santa Cruz Swim Program, Cabrillo College Athletics, Santa Cruz Track Club, and Santa Cruz Triathlon Association. These organizations receive donations from the race and provide volunteers on the course. Your participation is greatly appreciated!
One of the Top 10 Most Scenic Triathlon Courses in the US
The coastal town of Santa Cruz is famous for its surfing, quirky/fun vibe and beautiful Monterey Bay Sanctuary views and ideal weather. It's an amazing spot for a triathlon where participants enjoy a fun swim around the iconic Santa Cruz Wharf, a bike up to the historic coastal farming town of Davenport, and a very scenic run along the coast and Victorian home neighborhood of Santa Cruz.
Olympic Distance Triathlon:
A brisk ocean swim around the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf.
Water temperature is usually in the mid 50’s, so wetsuits are strongly recommended.
A challenging out-and-back ride via city streets and coastal Highway 1.
The turnaround is located in the historic coastal town of Davenport.
A flat and fast out-and-back course along the ocean on beautiful West Cliff Drive.
**AQUA BIKE** Swim (1.5K) and Bike (40k) - For those of you who would like to do two of the segments and not the run. (No relay available)
From Northern California:
- Get on Hwy 880 and head south...all the way to the beach. 880 becomes Hwy 17 in San Jose.
- Take Hwy 17 to where Hwy 1 will veer off. You want to stay on Hwy 17 until it ends on Ocean Street.
- Take Ocean St to Broadway (signal) and turn right.
- Follow Broadway to Front St. (signal) and turn left.
- Take Front St. all the way to Depot Park.
From Southern California:
- If you take I5 North, you'll cross over to Hwy 101 and then to Hwy 1 via Hwy 152 West and then
- Head North on Hwy 1.
- If you take Hwy 101 North, exit at Hwy 152 West, then to Hwy 1 North.
- Exit Hwy 1 on Ocean Street (avoid the Hwy 17 N off ramp) stay on Hwy 1 through the "fish hook" which will end up on Ocean Street.
- Follow the Directions above with step 3.
Click for the Google map
• 2014 Race Information
• • •
2013 Results at: svetiming.com
• • •
2012 Results at: svetiming.com
2011 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2010 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2009 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2008 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2007 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2006 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2005 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2004 Results at: eternaltiming.com
2003 Results at: santacruztriathlon.org
2002 Results at: santacruztriathlon.org
2001 Results at: santacruztriathlon.org
2000 Results at: santacruztriathlon.org
1999 Results at: santacruztriathlon.org
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps