Registration closes Oct 23rd or upon sellout – NO DAY OF ENTRIES!!! Register now!
Mud Mash has been a central coast tradition supporting SLO County Special Olympics for four years, getting bigger and better every year!
We feature epic obstacles inspired by the military, rock climbing, nature, and more on a 5k run with hundreds of friends, new and old!
- Do it because it’s the only time you’ll lose your inhibitions and feel like a kid again!
- Do it because you don’t know what you’re capable of until you try!
- Do it because this isn’t your usual 5k!
Family friendly, we allow any age to register and run with their guardians with teens age 13 and up eligible to run on their own. We’ve also got a free and fun Piglet Mash for the wee, wee, wee ones to run through our mud pit and finish for the joy of it (also candy, since we like to get you started for Halloween).
We purposely put the event on Halloween weekend to encourage costumes and feature acostume contest at the after party, where you’ll have the option to hose off, grab a free beer (for the 21 and older) and check out our food and others.
Part of an organization? Check out the Industry Category! Teams of five from ten organization categories will represent for bragging rights of being the Mud Mashiest of them all. It’s a great way to pit your organization against similar ones in a friendly way, and get five registrations for the price of four! Talk about team building! Money for this category goes to the SLO County Bicycle Coalition to help improve our community through bikes!
Our course starts flat, runs through parts of Laguna Lake, winds around a flat area and then you’re in for a steep climb and descent to obstacles on the other side of a small mountain that you will eventually climb directly up and down to the finish!
2 aid stations on course feature friendly volunteers and water.
An additional aid station in the venue will provide recovery drink, water, and fruit.
Please note, it is not exactly a 5k run, and is about 4 miles.
(click on map to enlarge)
1. Water Wrangler: 100 yard wallow through the muddy-bottomed Laguna Lake, and — for more spice — we throw in some floating pipes to climb over!
2. Swamp Stomp: Chest deep water, reed mazes and, of course, deadly crocodiles!
3. Tough walls: Over, over, and over again, as you climb the 6-foot walls on your own or with a little help from your friends!
4. Surprise: You’ll see soon enough!
5. Barbed for your pleasure: Huge crawl under barbed wire – you can do it!
6. Pipe Dreams: Something new and fun for everyone, hope you can take heights and freefall!
7. Great Wall: Get over by yourself, use your teammates, or new friends to get over these.
8. Hay Bale Hell: Steep hill + hay bales + fire hose + ruthless fire hose operator.
Sketch up concept of Floaters!
9. Water SLIDE! Slip, sliding awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
10. Tarzan: Swing from vine to vine to make it to safety!
11. Action Figure: Leap from shipping container to shipping container!
12. Death March: No one has died yet, but the rocky highlands are a challenge!
13. Launderosa: Squeeze , foam, repeat – you’ll be squealing for more!
14. Culvert Crawl: Squeeze on through!
15. Floaters: 26 foot long balance beams floating in Laguna Lake
Sketchup concept of High Flyer
16. High flyer: Climbing up a cargo net can be tough, but going across one, eight feet off the ground, is a challenge!
17. Mud Pit: We made it extra sloppy, just for you for you.
18. Face Your Demons: Make it past our armed Vikings and you earn the finish!
Directions from the North:
Take Hwy 101 South. Exit Madonna Rd/CA 227 turn Left onto Madonna. Laguna Lake is located .3 miles on your right hand side. The starting line is located near the parking lot closest to the lake.
Directions from the South:
Take Highway 101 North. Exit Madonna Rd/CA 227 turn Left onto Madonna. Laguna Lake is located .3 miles on your right hand side. The starting line is located near the parking lot closest to the lake.
Limited on-site parking is available at Laguna Lake Park for $10/vehicle. All on-site parking must be pre-purchased. Click here to pre-purchase preferred parking
Free parking and shuttle service is available at the First Solar Parking Lot on Elks Lane, next to the drive in movie theater.
We always encourage carpooling and riding your bike.
Waiting on Results ....
There are no known results for this event.
If you have a copy of these results, or know where they can be found on line, please email Results@TriFind.com.
• • •
2012 Mud Mash Results:
2012 5K Mud Mash Results: mudmash.com
2012 10K Mud Mash Results: mudmash.com
2011 Mud Mash Results:
2011 5K Mud Mash Results: Individual / Teams
2011 10K Mud Mash Results: Individual / Teams
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps