A beautiful trail race through the wonderful trails of San Marcos. Both race distances will start at the lower trail head of Purgatory Creek. The trail head is at the intersection of Hunter rd. and RM12. Both courses offers a wonderful and scenic view of the ever changing vegetation of the hill country.
The 10 mile course leads runners through a rather porous section of the Edwards Aquifer. Juniper groves, meadows, ephemeral wetlands, and oak mottes co-exist in Purgatory Creek Greenspace. More experienced trail runners will enjoy some difficult technical sections of trail during the race while still runable.
The 5K course is a relatively flat course with a low technical rating and is the perfect introduction into trail running. Walkers and hikers are encouraged to participate in the 5K and 10 mile race.
Purgatory Creek Trail Head; near interesction of Hunter rd and RR12
FROM SAN ANTONIO:
- Take I-35 north and exit #202 FM12/Wonderworld rd. exit.
- take a left at the light after exiting off I-35
- Follow that road till you get to Hunter road (the second light)
- turn left at the light, and the trail head will be on your immediate right when taking the left turn
- Take I-35 South
- Exit #202 FM12/RR12/Wonderworld exit
- take a right at the light onto FM12/Wonderworld rd.
- Stay on that road till the 2nd light
- At second light, take a left onto Hunter Road. Trail head will be at that intersection of Hunter road and Wonderworld rd.
$20 until January 31st, 2013
$25 Feb 1st - 22nd
$30 Race Day
$30 until January 31st, 2013
$35 Feb 1st - 22nd
$40 Race Day
Friday February 22nd, 11am - 6pm
Core Running Company, 111 E. Hopkins St
San Marcos, TX 78666
Race Day Packet Pickup:
Trail Head parking lot at Hunter Road and New RR12
Top 5 male/Female overall for each race distance
2013 Results at athleteguild.com: Overall / Age Group / Searchable
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps