I deliver online training plans (using Training Peaks) that are tailored to your goals, skills, and lifestyle that will enable you to perform at your very best during your target races.
Your training plan will include information on sports nutrition, mental skills, tactics, and how to pace yourself- using heart rate, cadence and power (cycling), and ratings of perceived exertion so that you can optimize your performance in training and racing.
Additionally I work with power (cyclists) and utilize uploadable training devices to analyze the workouts you do so that I can adjust and tailor the plan to your needs.
I coach endurance athletes of all abilities, from the complete novice to the accomplished age grouper.
I work with triathletes, cyclists, and runners (and jet ski racers!), as well as provide swim coaching.
Once or twice a year I also run run speed groups and group brick workouts in Boca Raton, Florida.
Dara Wittenberg, M.S. Multi-Sport Coach: I have been a multi-sport coach for 10 years and during that time I have trained hundreds of athletes for whom triathlon, running, biking, fitness, and healthy nutrition must fit into very busy lives. My clientele includes lawyers, doctors, full time mothers, office workers, school teachers, nurses, and entrepreneurs – and every one of them has a jam-packed schedule. My goal is to help each individual strike a balance between training to their maximum potential and balancing the various other aspects of their lives, as well as to provide all the information they need to perform at their best and stay healthy and injury free. Over the years, my clients have done everything from complete their first 5k or sprint triathlon to qualify for the Boston Marathon and win age group awards in Ironman triathlons and National Championships in Jet Ski racing!
I continue to look for opportunities to learn more about my various fields of interest and expertise so that I can share this with my clients. I am truly passionate about coaching and living a healthy and athletic lifestyle.
M.S. in Exercise Physiology,
CISSN- Certified Sports Nutritionist,
USA Triathlon Level II certified coach,
USA Cycling Expert Level Coach,
USATF Level I,
RRCA certified Endurance Running coach,
USA Swim Coach,
ACE certified Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT), and IDEA Advanced PFT.
· 2007 to the present: presenter/instructor for USA Triathlon Level I coaching/certification clinics.
· 2010: contributor to Runners’ World magazine and creator of their online triathlon
· 2009-2010 Assistant swim coach for the Aquacrest Master’s Swim team.
· 2009 Columnist for USA Triathlon’s Coaches’ Newsletter.
- 2007 to the present: founder, owner and coach for TriCoachDara- providing multi-sport coaching for athletes of all levels (from beginner to nationally ranked age groupers) and all distances.
- 2001 to 2007, one of the original co-founders and coach with T3Coaching, coaching endurance athletes of all levels and distances.
- 2007 to present:
- 2007 to present: Speaker for Boca Raton Triathletes.
- 2001 to present: Triathlon, running, and cycling clinics for the beginner and expert alike.
- 2003 to 2007: contributor to the Ask the Expert of the Healthy Living Section of the Herald Sun Newspaper, Durham, NC.
- 2003 : 6 month featured columnist on triathlon: Herald Sun Newspaper's, Healthy Living.
- 2002/2003 : Featured speaker for Running Start program for Carolina Godiva Training Club.
- 2000 - present : completed multiple marathons, century bike rides, and triathlons of all distances, including Ironman.
- 1998 - present : trained/coached multiple athletes to better performances in running, triathlon, cycling, racquetball, and jet ski racing.
- Member of Inaugural Women's National British Fast-pitch Softball team. : > )