San Ramon, CA
· Professional Triathlon Coach, certified by Triathlon Australia 2001-present
· Level 2 High Performance Triathlon Coach, certified by Triathlon Australia 2005-present
· Head Coach, Intraining Triathlon Team, Brisbane, Australia 2001-2004
· Head coach and founder of Phoenix Triathlon Team, Brisbane, Australia 2004-2010
· Head Coach and founder of Phoenix Adventure Racing Team, Brisbane, Australia 2007-2010
· Head Swim Coach for age group, high school and adult teams in Brisbane, Australia 1995-2007
Greg is an accomplished and accredited coach with experience in training athletes of all levels of athletic ability for events ranging in distance from Sprint to Ironman. Seventeen of his athletes have made the Australian, New Zealand, and Ireland World Championship Age Group Teams for Triathlon and Duathlon. Greg’s clients have raced in Australia, Europe and the United States, and have also competed at the Ironman World Championships in Kona.
For over 27 years, Greg has been involved in the sport of triathlon. He entered his first event, the 1985 Easter Bunny Triathlon, and started the swim facing the wrong direction, brought a bike he had never ridden, and walked on the run. Despite a less than auspicious start, Greg was hooked on triathlons and has continued competing ever since. Greg has had five Ironman finishes, twenty-nine half Ironman finishes and has competed in over fifty Olympic and Sprint distance races. Additionally, he has competed in road cycle and criterium races, open water swim races, adventure races and 24-hour mountain bike races.
Greg was born and raised in Brisbane, Australia. A talented athlete, he competed competitively in the pool and on the track. He was the Queensland High School State Champion in the 100 meter butterfly and ran in the finals of the 400 meter track event. Greg has recently relocated to Northern California, and devotes his time to coaching local athletes from novice to elite, with an Aussie flair. To learn more about Greg Lynch and his coaching business, please visit his website at www.glcoaching.net.